By Kendall Worth
Readers, as we all know the Natal Day events and the Busker fest marks the middle of summer, here in Halifax. At these upcoming events there will be musical entertainment, magic shows, dance acts, Circus acts, and, on Natal Day, a parade, etc. So... lots of fun stuff to enjoy.
At these events, there is an opportunity, for folks from my community, to maintain or improve your mental health at zero cost.
Readers, Even though posters advertising these event are included with this post, you can see the actual event schedules (there is a lot happening!) by clicking on the links below to get the details!
https://downtownhalifax.ca/event/40th-buskers-festival
https://www.halifax.ca/parks-recreation/events/natal-day
The reason I like to advertise summer events on my blog, is because these events offer free of charge entertainment for First Voice people, who I advocate for. I encourage people to get out and enjoy summer, because we are in that time of year. Being stuck, socially isolated, and in the house all the time, is NOT FUN!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kendall Worth is an award-winning anti-poverty activist who lives with disabilities and tries to make ends meet on income assistance.


Comments
Post a Comment