Encouraging you to enjoy what is left of Summer!


 By Kendall Worth

 

Since my last BLOG post where  I talked about giving the Community I advocate for, encouragement to attend, and take advantage of, free events over the Summer months, I am still seeing possibilities.  Looking at the schedule, it seems like all the free Summer events for 2024 have wrapped up. Labour Day is just a couple of weeks away and even though details are not yet public, there will be free events taking place over Labour Day weekend which I will also encourage welfare recipients to attend. 

 

 

 

I am writing this BLOG post today because there is about 2 and half weeks of Summer left, and I encourage people living in down and out situations to spend the remainder of Summer doing what is great for mental health. There are still free concerts at the Public Gardens which continue right up until September 22nd. https://worthmatters.blogspot.com/2024/07/providing-encouragment-for-thoese.html

 

Also even though Busker Fest has now come and gone, when you take walks along the Waterfront you will still find free entertainment somewhere along the way. Some welfare recipients I spoke to recently told me that they did take advantage of the free Summer Events and found attending was great for their mental health, Despite not having money to spend at restaurants and vendors located along the waterfront.


Get Out and enjoy while you still can because there are only 2 weeks of Summer left. I will post something soon to keep you readers posted on Labour Day.

 

Comments